Partner with Chelmsford
Chelmsford imparts a business-friendly environment. We work with commercial property owners to provide step by step support for retaining and attracting business tenants. We also help you and your tenants with any permitting and approvals that are required for capital improvements.
We’re Here to Help
To partner with us, please contact Lisa Marrone, Director of Business Development at 978.244.3303 or email@example.com or Evan Belansky. Director of Community Development, at (978).244.3341 or EBelansky@TownofChelmsford.US.
Property Owner Programs
Assistance with Filing Vacant Space
Employing CoStart the Chelmsford Business Development Director (CBDD) maintains a database of available space for lease. This database is published on this website. If you have more accurate data or want a specific listing included, we encourage you to submit it to the CBDD.
Permitting & Approvals
In most cases a new or existing business will only need a building permit if internal modifications are being made. However, in some cases, a change of use and exterior site modifications, may require zoning permits. The CBDD can identify specific zoning permits and procedures that may be necessary.
Real Estate Development / Land Development
In cases where a property owner is interested in exploring expansions to an existing building or redevelopment / re-use, the CBDD can discuss opportunities provided via the Rt .129 Mixed Use Zoning overlay including flexible zoning and expedited and streamlined permitting.
Other Business Attraction and Retention Programs
- On-site dedicated transportation services such as a shuttle service to nearby commuter rail stations in Lowell and North Billerica. Learn more at https://www.middlesex3tma.com/SERVICES/SHUTTLES.
- On-site Bike share service.
- Financial Services through MassDevelopment – Commercial Real Estate Loan
- Real estate loans can be used to fund facility acquisition, renovation, construction, and permanent financing.
- Loan program offers:
- Loans or bank loan participations up to $7,500,000
- Construction loans, usually made in partnership with another lender
- Permanent financing loans
- Multi-tenant, mixed use, commercial, industrial
- Manufacturers, small business, nonprofits
- Energy Efficiency – solutions for whole buildings
- Facility Assessments – no-cost facility assessments to find and prioritize ways to save energy and costs for electric and gas such as updating or retrofitting equipment.
- Your building may be eligible for measures that can be scheduled for direct installation and paid for up to 70 percent by the Sponsors of Mass Save.
- New Buildings and Major Renovations – incorporate energy efficiency solutions that include everything from projecting energy usage to purchasing equipment. Consult early in the design process and before you purchase new equipment. We can advise you on technical issues, provide financial incentives, and help you make a smart, comprehensive plan for a high-performing, energy efficient building.
Whole Buildings Solutions for Large Buildings (Over 100,000 Square Feet)
Whole Buildings Solutions for Small Buildings(20,000 – 100,000 Square Feet)